We’re Hiring: Butcher Apprentice
If you grew up in a family of hunters or farmers, a job in meat-cutting may be for you.
Our operations involve both the slaughter of livestock and the further-processing (cutting and wrapping to order) of meat. We’re committed to the humane treatment of animals, the cutting of meat to our customers’ satisfaction, and to maintaining our spotless reputation for clean premises.
If you’re interested in learning how to cut meat, this job will teach you the age-old art of butchery from the beginning to the end.
Typically we slaughter one day a week, and we do cutting and wrapping four days a week.
Our meat cutters use knives and specialized equipment to cut, bone and trim meats into a variety of cuts for retail and wholesale customers. Working with a strict food safety system, they perform a variety of tasks. For example, they may work:
- Cutting beef, pork, veal, lamb, or goat carcasses into primary cuts for further processing or packaging;
- Removing bones from meat;
- Cutting, trimming or grinding meat into specific cuts for retail or wholesale customers.
Our meat cutters are often required to lift items up to 25kgs, and work with tools like knives, saws, band saws, and meat grinders.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Dependable, reliable and motivated
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Previous experience an asset but not required
We are willing to train the right candidate!
- $20/hr starting, with opportunity for advancement